...are going to be GREAT!
For as much as I acted like Ms. Drama Queen on Monday, yesterday and today really showed me how wonderful life is and how dedicated kids are to learning. Of course not everyday is meant to go as smooth as you imagine it to be! Life doesn't and isn't supposed to work that way.
Anyway, a new set of 4th-6th graders arrived yesterday and I was ready to lay down the law. If they were anything like Monday's class, part of me felt like it was going to automatically combust, but fortunately they made my job easy. They were quiet, attentive, and so darn CUTE! They participated in all the activities we had planned for the day and they actually understood parts of what I was saying! Yes! A breakthrough "A- ha!" moment!
The Monday group was back and today I was tough on them. I didn't smile as much and they could see I wasn't playing around. They listened more attentively to directions and I feel that I did surprisingly well considering my co-teacher had the day off. There is one boy out of this rowdy bunch who calls himself Bill. He is a kick and smart as a whip. His English is phenomenal and he does a great job helping me quiet down and explain things to his classmates. I will say, these kids were quite imaginative when it came to picking out their English names. This is a list of the names that I thought were most interesting and delightfully amusing:
4th Grade:
Sweetie
Cherry
Eagle
Dragon
5th Grade:
Einstein
Frankenstein
Morrison
King
Jefhadi
Methadi
6th Grade:
They were too cool to pick unconventional names.
All in all, a great day.
PS: I woke up to snow this morning. Never in my life have I seen snow falling before I came to Korea. The way it slowly descends from the sky and lays itself upon nature so effortlessly is amazing and it has come to be one of my favorite things about Korea.
Always,
Karla P!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment